You are already a part of the GRES PTO if you have a child enrolled in Glenwood Ridge Elementary! The Parent Teacher Organization, or PTO for short, is a group comprised of parents and staff members who strive to make Glenwood Ridge the best it can be. There are no fees! Our goal as a PTO is to support the school in ways that benefit all the children. For that, we need your help! Here’s how you can help: attend PTO meetings, sign up to help at events, and participate in the Fundraisers.
The Parent Teacher Organization meets monthly, usually on the 4th Monday at 6:30 pm in the library (check the school calendar) to organize assistance to the school. Come join us or contact one of the current officers to find out how to get involved.
Here’s what your GRES PTO has done:
- Provided start-up money to all classrooms
- Provided snacks during assessments
- Hosted Teacher Appreciation
- Purchased items for assistance in classroom teaching
- Sponsored several family fun nights a year
- Sponsored the talent show
- Helped provide money for assemblies
- Bought books for the library
- Provided AR recognition programs
- Compiled student directory
- Provided bus service for field trips
- Purchased a gazebo (2005-2006)
- Playground equipment and benches, four document cameras and screen paint for the gym (2009-2010)
- Shelving for each classroom for new Lead21 Curriculum materials, and Body Walk adventure brought to school (2011-2012)
- Teacher requests, library shelving, lobby and library furniture, 2 Cricut machines and new cabinets in teachers’ work room (2012-2013)
- Ground cover (mulch) for the play area adjacent to the maintenance barn (2013-2014)
- Water Bottle Fillers (2015)
- Playground Equipment - Kindergarten Swings & Arch Swing, Refrigerator & 2 Microwaves for Teacher's Lounge, Overhead Projector (2016)
- Rock Climbing Wall (2017)
- Fence between Playground & Parking Lot, Mindfulness Program (2018)
- New Seating for Library, Ice Machine for Teacher's Lounge, Front Landscaping & Playground Trees for Shade (2019)
GRES PTO-Current Happenings!
APEX FUN RUN FUNDRAISER
2018 was a HUGE Success! Thanks to all our wonderful support we raised just over $18,000 - a great program with learning opportunities for our kids! Be on the lookout for this again starting September 30th - Let's see if we can beat last year!
CLASSROOM HELP SIGN-UPS
Links to the SignUpGenius for help in each individual classroom are in a box to the left. These activities support your child's class, they are not PTO sponsored. Find your child's teacher and sign-up to help!STAFF FAVORITES - Again This Year
The box on the left includes a comprehensive list of the Staff at GRE! Have you ever struggled to get a gift or show appreciation because you didn't know what a staff member liked? No need to worry - just check these lists for ideas! BOX TOPS
Look for Box Top Collection Week this Fall! Keep that in mind we collect Dimes if you don't have Box Tops!BAGS FOR BUCKS
All rolls of trash bags are $12 - Any size! Pick up at Front Office or use the Order form located below.
Turn your trash into cash for our school. If you have any questions please contact Breanna Nichols at [email protected] or by phone 913-213-4507.